Dark Sky & Indigenous Cultural Wellness Retreat
- Durée: 7 Heures (environ)
- Lieu: Mannum, SA
- Code produit: RETREAT
A very special chance for you to breathe easier!
Join us on board this relaxing cultural weekend celebrating 30 years of Aboriginal Tours at Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park, along with the growing success of the River Murray International Dark Sky Reserve.
This is your chance to spend more quality time with Ngangaraku people Ivy Campbell and her family, as they yarn around the bonfire sharing their famous homecooked kangaroo stew.
You'll be treated to a special Dark Sky Astronomy experience at the clifftop at Kroehn's Landing, across from a sacred site at Wongulla as the Marne River flows into the Mighty Murray.
Enjoy the sunrise reflections from your bedroom window, and the early birdsong as you wake to a morning yoga session.
Then another chance to linger longer with Ivy and her family as they lead you through your own dot painting and jewellery making session.
A lovely afternoon lunch at Bowhill Store, before returning to your unique accommodation for a native inspired dinner.
Check out from your accommodation Sunday morning and relax back into your normal life.
Your cultural weekend inclusions:
· Guided tour of Ngaut Ngaut Archaeological Cultural Site with Aboriginal people including Bonfire, Storytelling and homecooked Dinner
· Saturday Jewellery Making and Dot Painting Workshops with Aboriginal people onsite at Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park
· Guided astronomy session with use of provided telescope and red torch lights to view stars, constellations, planets, clusters and galaxies
· Saturday morning Yoga session with qualified instructor
· 2 nights River Accommodation offerings: Reedy Creek Retreats Glamping / Riverview House Bed and Breakfast Younghusband
· Friday Dinner / Saturday Breakfast, lunch and dinner / Sunday breakfast
· Luxury travel in comfortable small group tour vehicle/s from Mannum to the River Murray International Dark Sky Reserve area and return.
· Insightful and light-hearted commentary on your journey, about townships and locations between destinations
Full itinerary click here.
Gather your tribe and make the most of living in SA!
$1,395 + Booking Fee + CC charges.
This event is kindly assisted by a nature-based tourism small grant from the Department for Environment and Water.