monarto wild gin
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Mannum, SA
- Product code: GIN
Amazing insight into a unique rhino-sized partnership, linking world famous zoo conservation with an ambitious gin distillery. Head behind the scenes for your exclusive gin tasting and take the Walk of the Brave Lions 360 experience (ask us for an upgrade to feed the Lions or 'Meet the Rhino' behind the scenes session!).
* PLEASE NOTE: Ambleside Distillers is currently undergoing an exciting renovation to extend it's experiences. As such, the behind the scenes access to view the distil is unavailable until approximately August 2021.
The good news - the gin is still available for tasting!
· Lions 360 Walk of the Brave experience
· Behind the Scenes Gin Distillery experience *see note above
· 1 x main meal lunch at regional destination
· 1 x complimentary tasting glass of bubbles on tour departure
· Insightful and light-hearted commentary on your journey, about townships and locations between destinations
· Tour departs and returns to The Manna Accommodation, 25 Mount Barker Road, Hahndorf
· Luxury travel in The Entertainer Limousine complete with music DVD and karaoke, mini bar, surround sound & club leather seating.
In November 2018 Monarto Safari Park teamed up with Ambleside Distillers in Hahndorf to form an ambitious fundraising partnership. ‘Kifaru Gin’ was inspired by native botanicals from the Monarto region and there are limited edition of 500 bottles sold at a time. Over $50,000 from sales has already proudly been donated towards relocating 40 southern white rhinos to Monarto in the next few years. The aim is to keep them safe from poachers and helping to create a viable insurance population outside of Africa should the species become extinct.
This partnership was crafted with a rhino-sized vision in mind, and we now celebrate this achievement by offering a behind the scenes tour of both venues.
Led by your own personal chauffeur and local tour host on board the luxurious Entertainer Limousine. This impressive vehicle is fully equipped with three LCD TVs, surround sound, choice of supplied music DVDs including karaoke. With club lounge leather seating, plenty of leg room and a welcome glass of bubbles from the licensed mini bar, this instant good mood material to kick-start your behind-the-scenes adventure.
Walk of the Brave Lions 360 at Monarto Safari Park You could be forgiven for thinking you’ve stepped out onto your very own African safari as you visit the biggest open-range zoo in Australia. Monarto Safari Park is home to many of Africa’s most impressive animals. On this safari tour you will witness the impressive Southern White Rhinoceros to hear the story of their distinct traits and fight for survival. Marvel at the largest herd of giraffe in Australia, en route to your behind-the-scenes Lion 360 experience.
We take your sense of adventure to the next level as you experience Australia's only 360-degree lion encounter, giving you a prey's eye view into the world of these awe-inspiring predators. Guaranteed to leave you in even more awe than when you entered, you’ll walk through a tunnel and emerge within clawing range of one of Australia’s largest lion prides. Enjoy a jaw-dropping, absolutely safe encounter knowing this hair-raising and unique experience will help Monarto Safari Park continue their work as a conservation charity raising awareness for all endangered species.
* Ask us for an upgrade to 'Meet the Rhino' behind the scenes session or to feed the Lions
Kirafu Gin Tasting at Ambleside Distillers in Hahndorf Meet the distillers and learn about their passion for creating award winning South Australian Gin. You have the opportunity to receive a unique tasting of the limited release Kifaru Gin from the Distillers.
Inspired by native botanicals found in the lands of Monarto Safari Park, the complex flavours of this gin include the herbaceous Monarto Mintbush (seen onsite in the distillery garden), delicately matched with deep notes of coffee, chocolate and hazelnut from roasted wattle seed. You will then be treated to a Kifaru Gin and Tonic which is served with strawberry, mint and ground wattle seed.
· Tour departs from Arnold Park, Mannum (next to the visitor information centre) at 8.30am, or in front of The Manna Accommodation, 25 Mount Barker Road, Hahndorf at 9.30am.
· A minimum of 6 confirmed passengers is required before the tour will depart.
· This tour is not a private charter unless the maximum of 11 passengers is reached by numbers in your group. This means you may be sharing the ride with others. Private charters are available on request, and the full capacity fare may be charged accordingly.
· Read our full Terms and Conditions.