murray river highlights
- Продолжительность: 8 час. (прибл.)
- Место встречи: Mannum, SA
- Код предложения: RIVER
Discover the highlights of this 130 million-year old natural playground with slow waters, sandy cliffs & steadfast characters. This tour is rich in Aboriginal heritage, allows you to cruise the river, meet the wildlife & the farming locals.
· Murray River 1 hour boat cruise
· Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal site day tour
· Big Bend Cliffs visit
· Big Bend by Night farm tour
· 1 x main meal lunch at Bowhill Store
· Luxury travel in small group touring vehicles
· Insightful and light-hearted commentary on your journey, about townships and locations between destinations
Murray River Cruise Discover the beauty of Australia’s longest river. Relax and soak-up the serenity as you gently cruise away from your normal life. Your slow journey allows you to discover this unique part of the Australian landscape. Enjoy abundant birdlife and nature at its best.
Ngaut Ngaut Immerse yourself in Aboriginal dreaming and culture at one of the State’s most significant Aboriginal cultural sites. The Nganguraku people will welcome you to where Aboriginals have lived in the Devon Downs (Ngaut Ngaut) rock shelter for at least 5000 years. Australia’s first archaeological excavation, carried out by Norman Tindale, showed 12 living layers and three separate cultural stages on the site which can be viewed via the Ngaut Ngaut boardwalk which meanders around the ancient riverside cliffs. You will visit the birthplace of the ‘Black Duck Dreaming’ and your guided tour portrays the rock art, excavation and cultural sites on top of the cliffs. This experience will challenge perceptions of Aboriginal culture and leave you in awe of the resourcefulness of Australia’s Indigenous People.
Big Bend Cliffs are a natural wonder which must be seen to be believed. The cliffs are known as the tallest cliffs and the longest single bend along the entire length of the Murray River. Views of the Big Bend Cliffs will take your breath away. A popular nesting ground for cockatoos and plentiful wildlife, this farming district also has its own story to tell.
Regional Produce is abundant with a mixture and of water and sunshine in this region, you can find just about every ingredient you need for a pizza. From cheeses to salami, tomatoes, onions and olives being grown or produced around South Australia’s waterways. This landscape is plentiful in the production of citrus fruit and has a large potato and onion growing industry. Enjoy lunch today with river views at the Bowhill Store.
Big Bend by Night (by day for this tour!) Here we meet nature-based tourism business owners the LeBrun family. Their sheep farm is also brimming with native Australian animals on their river property along the majestic Big Bend cliffs. There are so many adventures to be had on this farm, each day is different and we can’t wait for you to join in the fun.
· Tour departs from 4 Randell Street, Arnold Park, Mannum (next to the Ferries). This tour is a mix of 1 hour river boat cruise & road touring.
· A minimum of 6 confirmed passengers is required before the tour will depart.
· This tour is not a private charter unless the maximum of 11 passengers is reached by numbers in your group. This means you may be sharing the ride with others. Private charters are available on request, and the full capacity fare may be charged accordingly.
· Read our full Terms and Conditions.